14 March 2013

Rush for Berlin 2: Soviet Support Weapons

These are ready since sunday, though I haven't had the time to take pictures of them. Originally intended for 'Secrets of the third Reich' or 'Rules of Engagement' these were sitting in my drawer unpainted for quite some time. I never was quite happy with the old sculpts. Nevertheless I decided to paint them up in order to use them for 'Operation Squad'.
I was totaly surprised by how they act painted. Especially the ZIS-3 Crew turned out quite well (at least in my oppinion^^).

Unfortunately my cam seems to get older as it's not able to catch the colours right. The ZIS-3 Crew comes closest to the actual colours. Have to get a new one soon, I think.

The whole bunch consisting of ZIS-3 with crew, 82mm mortar and Maxim MMG. All figures from the Bolt Action range by Warlord Games.



The 82mm mortar:








The Maxim medium machine gun:



The ZIS-3 anti-tank gun:

 





At the moment I try to get the paint removed from my SU-76 as I experimented a little with some new techniques and it turned out terrible. Wish me luck :-)

Thank you for watching!



4 comments:

  1. Extremly well painted minis, a true joy to see, well done !!!

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning looking models :) you painting is ace!

    Best Regards

    Hobbyworker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great paintjob!
    Well done mate, especially the facial expressions you caught!

    Cheers
    Monty

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really great! I'm looking forward to seeing them soon!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete