11 May 2014

Fall of the western Empire 16: 2nd base of Roman archers

This week I painted up the figures for my 2nd base of late Roman archers for Dux Bellorum. This brings me to a total of 31 of 32 recommended points for DB.
The missing point I think I'll fill up with some frankish mercenary skirmishers for now.



Speaking of bases, I finally managed to rebase all my Romans to 20mm round bases. The only thing missing now is to do the movement trays. But these have to wait till I'm back from vacations in Italy end next week. Till then I hope the tufts and flock I need finally arrived.

The tray still needs flocking

Till then and thanks for viewing!

16 comments:

  1. Excellent paintjob once again! The decorations on their tunics really make the minis stand out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid, absolutly splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice details - straight out of a textbook :)
    What's the mat/board thing you're photographing them on...?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome paintwork and basing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are absolutely tremendous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are incredibly good; I love the decorative work on the tunics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful painting and tunic work. If they fight as well as they look, your opponent is doomed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent work. The freehands on the tunics are absolutely gorgeous.

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are excellent, I really like the tones you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again very lovely figures Nick!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific work! In addition to the great bases, I love the tiny insignia you've painted onto the tunics. Really brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just visited Axebreakers Blog: You both do cooperate in a roman/german-project ?! Looks like the final outcome will be a blowoff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like how it looks like the decoration of clothes

    ReplyDelete